Website & Privacy Policies
3. No Implied License. This Site and any associated software, files, data, content, documentation, or any other materials provided by Direct Line (collectively “Associated Materials”) are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark and other laws. All rights reserved. Direct Line does not convey to anyone, through allowing access to this Site, any ownership rights in this Site or in the Associated Materials appearing on or made available through this Site. You may not copy, modify, translate, transmit, distribute, adapt, reproduce, decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any part of this Site or the Associated Materials.
You shall not cause this Site to be displayed as a part of or within another Internet site or Web page or resell or redistribute any portion of this Site or Associated Materials or provide access to the foregoing to any third party for financial gain.
4. Conduct. You agree not to use this Site or the Associated Materials to: (a) restrict or inhibit others from using and enjoying this Site; (b) transmit or upload unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, “spam,” chain letters or any other form of unauthorized solicitation; (c) transmit or upload any material that violates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, patent, trademark, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right; (d) transmit or upload any virus or any program or component designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment; (e) transmit or upload any material that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harmful, harassing, defamatory, tortuous, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, obscene, sexually explicit or indecent; (f) gain unauthorized access to other accounts on this Site, other computer systems or networks; (g) store, collect or disclose any company names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, listings, reports, fees, pricing or any other information except as strictly necessary to use this Site; or (h) impersonate or otherwise misrepresent any person or entity, or make false or misleading indications of origin or fact. You, and not Direct Line, shall be responsible for ensuring that your use of this Site and the Associated Materials does not constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law, regulation or ordinance, including, but not limited to, U.S. laws regarding the transmission of technical data. You agree to obey the requirements, procedures and policies of computer systems connected to this Site. Direct Line shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or review your conduct on this Site.
5. Feedback. In the event that you provide Direct Line with any feedback or suggestions (“Feedback”) regarding the functionality and/or performance of this Site or the Associated Materials, Direct Line shall have a non-exclusive, perpetual, non-terminable, irrevocable, royalty free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, disclose, sublicense, distribute, modify and otherwise exploit such Feedback without restriction.
6. Links to Third-Party Sites. This Site may contain links to websites operated by parties other than Direct Line. Such links are provided for your convenience and reference only. The linked sites are not under the control of Direct Line, and Direct Line is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty. THIS SITE AND THE ASSOCIATED MATERIALS, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE AND THE ASSOCIATED MATERIALS, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, DIRECT LINE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THIS SITE, THE ASSOCIATED MATERIALS, OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE AND THE ASSOCIATED MATERIALS, FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES, OR FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THIS SITE OR ASSOCIATED MATERIALS OR ANY LINKED SITE. DIRECT LINE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DIRECT LINE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE, THE ASSOCIATED MATERIALS, OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE AND THE ASSOCIATED MATERIALS.
10. Limitation of Legal Actions Against Direct Line. You agree that any claim or cause of action arising from use of this Site and/or products or services provided by Direct Line must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose, or it shall be forever barred, notwithstanding any statute of limitations or other law to the contrary.
12. Termination. You agree that Direct Line, at its sole discretion, may terminate your access to this Site and your account, if any, at any time and without prior notice for any reason. Direct Line may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing this Site, or any part thereof, with or without notice. Further, you agree that Direct Line shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to this Site and/or your account.
13. No Business Relationship Created By Your Use. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Direct Line as a result of your use of this Site.
15. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such provision shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it legal, valid, and enforceable and the legality, validity and enforceability of all other provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby.
1. Purpose of Information Collected. Direct Line collects Customer Registration Data in order to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Direct Line only collects Customer Registration Data about you that it considers necessary for achieving this purpose.
2. Information Collected. You can browse this Site without telling Direct Line who you are or revealing any Customer Registration Data about yourself. During your visit, Direct Line automatically tracks certain information based upon your behavior on this Site. Direct Line uses this information to do internal research on its users’ interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether the URL is on this Site or not), your computer browser information, your computer operating system and your IP address.
Direct Line uses data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of this Sites to help analyze its web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. Cookies are small files placed on your hard drive. Direct Line offers certain features that are only available through the use of a cookie. Most cookies are “session cookies” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features on this Sites and you may be required to reenter your password more frequently during a session.
If you choose to use Direct Line’s services, we require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information (including credit card information), shipping information and other Customer Registration Data as indicated on the forms throughout this Site (collectively “Customer Registration Data”).
3. Our Use of Your Information. Direct Line uses your Customer Registration Data to facilitate the services you request. We use your Customer Registration Data in the file we maintain about you and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on this Sites to: resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote security; inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect against error, fraud and other criminal activity; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
You agree that Direct Line may use your Customer Registration Data to contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your interests, such as marketing literature, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of this Site.
If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can “opt out” of the receipt of follow up communications on the email notification or make changes to your notification preferences at any time as detailed in Section 7.
5. Security. Direct Line is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the Customer Registration Data that you provide. Your information is stored on Direct Line’s servers located in Fremont, California, United States of America. We use procedural and technical safeguards to protect your Customer Registration Data, including encryption, “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layers, against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure.
6. Control of Your Password. You are responsible for all actions taken with your User ID and password, including changes or access to your account. Therefore we recommend that you do not disclose your User ID and password to any third parties. If you choose to share your User ID and password or your Customer Registration Data with third parties, you are responsible for all actions taken with your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Customer Registration Data and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf.
If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password as detailed in Section 7.
7. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Customer Registration Data. Direct Line offers you the ability to automatically review and change the information you submit to us by going the preferences and setup section in User Preference on Direct Line’s customer web sites and entering in the new information yourself. You must promptly update your Customer Registration Data if it changes or is inaccurate.
If you believe your password or Customer Registration Data has been compromised and you can not access your account via the internet, call 1-510-413-9055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon your request, Direct Line will deactivate your account, contact information, billing information, shipping information, and financial information from its active databases. To make this request, email email@example.com. Such information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible based on your account activity and in accordance with its deactivation policy and applicable law. Direct Line will retain in our files some Customer Registration Data to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce its agreement and comply with legal requirements as is permitted by law.